Speech Therapy Services
Did you know that 8-9% of all children will have a speech sound disorder (NIH 2010)?
Did you know that 2-8% will demonstrate a primary or specific language impairment?
Did you know that cleft palate is the 4th most common birth defect?
We are here to help!
Speech Connections works with children experiencing a wide variety of speech difficulties, stemming from:
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Articulation (Speech Sound Development)
- Childhood language development
- Cleft lip and palate
- Social and Pragmatic language
- Expressive Language
- Fluency (Stuttering)
- Language Processing Disorders
- Listening Comprehension
- Narrative Language/Discourse
- Phonemic and Phonological Awareness (pre-literacy and early reading)
- Receptive Language (Comprehension/Understanding)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Assistive Technology/Augmentative Communication Use
At Speech Connections, we work with children that have communication difficulties resulting from autism, developmental delays, cleft palate, intellectual and learning disabilities, learning disabilities, motor speech disorders, and various syndromes. Our speech therapists are also trained to use a variety of technology (iPad, augmentative communication devices, communication apps) to help establish effective communication skills.
We are committed to making a difference in a child’s ability to communicate effectively. Our therapists are highly trained and will develop treatment programs that are highly individualized and focused on your child’s continued development.
If you have concerns about you or your child’s speech and/or language development, or if you have the results of a recent evaluation and would like to schedule a consultation or initial therapy appointment, please email us or call 804.672.8588.